Grenada Citizenship by Investment
Time To Citizenship
Overview of Grenada
Grenada, known as the ‘Isle of Spice,’ is one of the most magnificent islands in the West Indies. Unspoilt and exotic, it astounds visitors with its wildly jagged mountain peaks, hidden coves, spice plantations, and lush verdant rainforests. Its beaches are idyllic, with white or golden sand, palm trees, and the delicate aroma of the island’s native spices. Grenada’s proximity to the Equator ensures a year-round tropical climate, with average temperatures ranging between 23 and 28 °C. Its cooling trade winds offer very comfortable conditions. Much of this expansion is due to foreign direct investment, as foreign businesspersons choose to invest in Grenada’s growing popularity with visitors and leisure travelers. The nation relies heavily on tourism to earn foreign currency.
Granada offers a fast route to citizenship of this peaceful, tropical paradise through its Citizenship by Investment Program.
- Grenada’s citizenship by investment program is the only program in the Caribbean that allows Visa Free access to China in addition to all Schengen States, the UK and Singapore. It gives its citizens the option of E-2 US ‘INVESTOR VISA’ whichfacilitate the obtainment of a Green Card. E-2 US ‘INVESTOR VISA’ signed with the United States allows citizens of Grenada to operate a substantial business in the U.S.A. and reside there.
- Holders of the Granada passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 120countries, including the U.K., China, Singapore, Hong Kong and the EU Schengen area.
- The passport will be renewed without having to reside there.
- The legal system is based on English Common law.
- Direct flights from New York, London, and many other airportsaround the world.
- The Government allows for name changes in the applicants passport.
|St. George’s||348.5 km²||107,317||English, Grenadian Creole English, Grenadian Creole French|
|CURRENCY:||EXCHANGE RATE:||GDP – PER CAPITA (2016):||GDP – TOTAL (2016):|
|East Caribbean Dollars (XCD)||1 USD = 2.7 XCD||USD 9,469||USD 1.016 billion|
The Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program is protected by Grenada’s legislation, namely the ‘Citizenship by Investment Act 15, 2013’. This law is documented and published and forms part of the laws of Grenada as framed and approved by the national parliament. It stipulates that any person can apply for naturalization and may be eligible for Citizenship on a payment of fees if the Government is satisfied that such person has invested substantially in Grenada.
The act allows for investment to be made in either one of two ways:
- The first is by making a contribution to the National Transformation Fund, which assists the development of Grenada’s resources, with the aim of benefiting Grenadians.
- The other option is an investment in a government-approved real estate project, which comes into being after being reviewed and recommended by the committee to the government Minister in charge.
Immediate Visa free Travel
Antigua and Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
Central African Republic
Tristan da Cunha
Isle od Man
* Visa-free travel countries for GRENADA passport holders are: (The list of visa free travel countries is subject to governmental changes)
Compare Second Citizenship Program
Grenada is not the only country offering a Citizenship through Real Estate Investment. Visit the pages below for other options.
Compare Permanent Residency Program
Europe is offering a golden visa program leading to a residence permit through real estate investment. Visit the pages below for further options.