St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
Time To Citizenship
Overview of St. Kitts and Nevis
It is one of the most seductive paradise in the eastern Caribbean. The Federation comprises two islands Nevis and St. Kitts.St Kitts & Nevis is part of the Commonwealth. The Head of State is the Queen of England and its democracy is based on the British parliamentary system.The Federation is a member of the United Nations, the British Commonwealth, of the Organization of American States and CARICOM.
- The Accelerated Application Process (AAP) approved by the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis in October 2016 allows applications with the Citizenship by Investment Program to be accelerated to a 60 days processing period.
- This second passport program is the oldest established program in the world.
- The St. Kitts & Nevis passport is valid for 10 years and once it expires it can be renewed at any St. Kitts & Nevis Consulate.
- The ability to pass one’s citizenship to future generations by descent
- The Government allows for name changes in the applicants passport.
- Holders of the St Kitts passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 130 countries, including the U.K., Singapore, Hong Kong, Braziland the EU Schengen area.
- Applicants from the following countries will not be eligible for the AAP:
- Republic of Iraq, Republic of Yemen, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
About St. Kitts and Nevis
|CURRENCY:||EXCHANGE RATE:||GDP – PER CAPITA (2016):||GDP – TOTAL (2016):|
|East Caribbean Dollars (XCD)||1 USD = 2.7 XCD||USD 16,725||USD 916.9 million|
Since its inception in 1984, the program has been attracting people from around the world to invest in the country’s economy in exchange for an irrevocable passport and citizenship and operates on the following constitutional, legislative and regulatory foundations:
- Citizenship of Saint Christopher and Nevis is governed by Chapter VIII (Sections 90-95) of the Constitution of Saint Christopher and Nevis.
- In 1984, pursuant to Section 92 (1) (h) of the Constitution, Parliament prescribed that such other persons who would be entitled, upon making application, to be registered as citizens. Accordingly, Section 3 (5) of the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship Act, 1984 (No. 1 of 1984) makes the following provisions:
“Subject to subsections (8) and (9) of this section, a person is entitled, upon making application under this subsection to the Minister in the prescribed manner and upon payment of any fee that may be prescribed, to be registered as a citizen of St. Christopher and Nevis without any rights of voting save ST. KITTS AND NEVIS – CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT 2 of 3 under and in accordance with the provisions of any law governing the qualification of voters, if the Cabinet is satisfied that such person has invested substantially in St. Christopher and Nevis.”
- The Government determines, by Cabinet Decisions, which projects and which amounts of investment shall qualify as a “substantial investment” and thus lead to eligibility under the Citizenship-by-Investment Program
Immediate Visa free Travel
Antigua & Barbuda
St. Eustatius & Saba
St. Pierre and Miquelon
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Isl.
Virgin Isl. (British)
Wallis and Futuna
French Southern and Antarctic Lands
* Visa-free travel countries for SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS passport holders are: (The list of visa free travel countries is subject to governmental changes)
Compare Second Citizenship Program
Saint Kitts & Nevis is not the only country offering a Citizenship through Real Estate Investment. Visit the pages below for other options.
Compare Permanent Residency Program
Europe is offering a golden visa program leading to a residence permit through real estate investment. Visit the pages below for further options.